Design contest deadline extended to April 19, 2020
Due to the changes to 2020 Spring semester, the Friends of VCU Libraries annual design contest deadline is also extended. Entries must be submitted by midnight April 19 in order to be considered for the $500 award. Judging will take place the week of April 20. Winner will be announced April 27.
T-shirts will be sold via an online campaign. After the two- week campaign, shirt orders will be printed and fulfilled by Bonfire.
Required File Format
The design must be submitted as a “vector” file—AI, EPS, editable PDFs or a layered and editable PSD file.
Submitted designs that are not in the requested file types will be disqualified from the contest judging.
Technical Parameters (more information about printing available on the Bonfire site)
- Printable area: 11″ wide x 14″ tall
- Flat colors only—cannot print gradients, shading or photos
- Three (3) color maximum
- We print in Pantone Coated colors, if there are specific Pantone colors you want to use in your design, please include those Pantone numbers
- The smallest font we can print is 12-point
- The smallest line/stroke we can print is 2 pt
- The winning image will be printed on the following tee shirt styles: premium unisex tee, women’s slim fit tee, and v-neck unisex tee.
- Designer will choose the shirt color from these colors: Dark heather grey, black, charcoal, midnight navy, turquoise, purple rush, red, orange, espresso, white.