VCU Center for Corporate Education

Transformational change starts here. Join us.

User uploaded custom header image

The Center for Corporate Education is proud to offer scholarships to participants interested in enrolling in one of our courses. One of our most recent scholarship recipients, Stephanie Napoleon, answered a few questions for us about her experience and advice for future participants. For more information on our scholarship program, visit the CCE website.

What is your current career path, and how did you get there?

I am a procurement manager in state government, working for the state of Virginia. I began working for in this role six years ago, and I’ve always had an interest in working in government.

How was your experience with your specific course?

I enjoyed the Applied Excel class. It was challenging yet the presentation materials were easy to follow.

How will your experience change or enhance your current career path?

The class will definitely enhance my career path, as I currently work with using and creating many financial reports in Excel. Having learning efficiency is key.

What advice would you have for someone considering participating in a CCE course?

Be prepared, have an open mind, and have fun!

Describe a “lightbulb” moment you’ve had on your personal career journey.

The impact I’ve had by observing how my work affects the citizens, vendors and agencies of this great commonwealth.  We’re all connected and functionality is optimized when we all work together.

Tagged , , ,