Hey Mom! Writing from the library, where I spend all my time. Thanks for your support!!

My semester is going ok, but i am not there yet. However, I am not going to give up. I will do my best to make you and myself proud!

Hey dad, it’s your future graduate…just a reminder of how thankful I am for you. Without you I am nothing. Thank you for being my biggest supporter. I can’t wait to make you proud!

Hi! It’s your brother! I’ve never sent a postcard before. Just wanted to let you know I’m so proud of you!

Just wanted to say thank I miss you both so much. Remember to breathe, you got this <3

Hello!!! Greetings from my second home at school! The ~library~!

Hello family! I wrote this @the library, I’ve never written a postcard before, this is cool. Love you!

From your favorite scholar! Thanks for all the love and support.

Over the past few weeks, the Friends of VCU Libraries sponsored several ConnectWell sessions at Cabell Library and the Health Sciences Library, part of ongoing StudyWell initiative. The Friends provided free postcards and stamps and encouraged students to send a postcard home or to a friend. Over three sessions, over 180 students wrote a postcard that read “Greetings from VCU Libraries.” For many students, it was their first time sending a postcard so they got a quick tutorial on how to address a postcard. Always learning something at the library!

Students sent postcards to their parents, to their best friends, to grandma, to younger siblings, to former high school teachers, to roommates (“think of it as a paper text just saying hi”), and even sent postcards to themselves with words of encouragement and affirmation for upcoming finals week. Postcards were sent throughout Richmond, all across Virginia, to multiple states, and extra postage was included for some international cards.

Strengthening connections between donors and students and between students and their support networks is part of the library’s role in supporting students. If YOU would like to send a VCU Libraries postcard to someone, just send an email (vassaram@vcu.edu) and you can receive your own free packet of library postcards.

Categories Community, Donors, Events, Friends of VCU Libraries, Health Sciences Library, Seen in the Library, Students