VCU Libraries Director of Development and Major Gifts Kelly Gotschalk has received the Certified Fund Raising Executive (CFRE) certification. Within the fundraising field, attaining the CFRE is considered a pivotal professional achievement.

Founded in 2001, CFRE International is an independent nonprofit organization, the sole mission of which is dedicated to setting standards in philanthropy through a valid and reliable certification process for fundraising professionals.

It is a hard-earned credential that requires passing a difficult examination that measures knowledge and skills in best practices in ethical philanthropic fundraising. Receiving the certification illustrates a strong commitment to a career in philanthropy and a tested ability to perform to high standards.

Explaining why she decided to pursue the CFRE, Gotschalk said: “In the constantly evolving world of Advancement, I decided that the credential would be a great way to pull together various aspects of my 23-year career and help me to identify the areas in which I needed to grow. It turned out to be perfect timing for me. With a new Dean at VCU Libraries, the time is right for me to look at development at VCU Libraries with a new vision. The course of study has helped to generate new ideas that I hope to put in place for the benefit of VCU Libraries.”

Categories Uncategorized