New VoiceThread is Here!
Table of Contents
- Additional New Features
- Coming Soon
- Discontinued Features
- 12 Second Tour
- Turn On New VoiceThread
- Attend a Workshop
New VoiceThread is simpler, more accessible, and more powerful than ever before. The biggest update in VoiceThread history is ready for you to give it a whirl!
There are dozens of new features and enhancements in the New VoiceThread. To see the new commenting features in action, watch this video.
Here are just a few of the biggest highlights to get excited about:
- One VoiceThread – The New VoiceThread is accessible to screen-readers right out of the box, so the separate “VoiceThread Universal” application is no longer necessary. This is the last step in a long process to unify the VoiceThread experience for all users. – Learn More
- One Conversation – A simpler-to-use conversation structure makes presentations much easier to build and use and conversations more natural and understandable to participants. – Learn More
- Zoom & Pan – You can now zoom in and move around in an image during your comment, and everything you do will play back for your audience, just like they were sitting right next to you. – Learn More
- Jump Navigation – Open the new slide gallery and keep it open during your comment! This allows you to jump from slide 1 to slide 40 in a single click rather than flipping through them one by one. – Learn More
Additional New Features
- Bulk comment management options
- Audio descriptions of slides
- Multiple closed caption tracks/languages for a single recording supported
- Option to sort VoiceThreads by “most recently active”
- Compact list of all VoiceThreads in the home page sidebar
- Media sources included in the slide upload options inside an open VoiceThread
- Ability to jump to another slide while commenting without having to flip through them sequentially
- View assignment thumbnails in the course view
- New version is fully accessible, so VT Universal is no longer necessary
- Comment button moved to the left side of the page
- Slide navigation buttons moved to the left side of the page
- Increased visibility for closed captions
- Comments timelines appear inside the comment window, not at the bottom of the thread
- CC button moved to the bottom-right corner of the page
- Drag-and-drop sharing
- Bulk actions on the home page (deleting and sharing multiple threads at once)
- Dark mode for the home page
- Customize closed caption display
- Phone commenting
- Full-screen button
Take the 12 Second Tour.
Turn On New VoiceThread
When you are ready, access your VoiceThread home page and click on the menu icon next to your identity image and select “Display preferences.”
Select the radio button for “Use new VoiceThread” and click save.
If you change your mind, within seconds, you can go back to “Display Preferences” and switch back to the legacy version of VoiceThread at any time (Note: Legacy VoiceThread will be supported until summer 2024.)
Attend a Workshop
VoiceThread is also offering the opportunity to see a tour led by their product team. Attend live if you can, or come back later to watch the recording.
If you have any questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.