VCU Center for Corporate Education

Transformational change starts here. Join us.

User uploaded custom header image

Headshot of workshop facilitator Lee Campe, MBB.

Next up in our interview series is Lee Campe, our resident Lean Six Sigma expert and facilitator for Green Belt and Black Belt programs. For more details about Lee or to register for one of his upcoming classes, visit the CCE website.

Describe your own career path up to this point.

I was born and raised in Richmond, and joined the Army at 18 years old. After 4 years of active duty, I won a full scholarship to VCU from the Army ROTC program. I became an officer and was stationed in Italy, and after 5 more years of service, I took my first corporate job with GE as a Six Sigma Black Belt. Today, I’m one of the foremost experts in the world on Continuous Improvement and Lean Six Sigma.

When did you first start partnering with the CCE?

I first brought the Lean Six Sigma program to VCU in 2004 as a way to bring revenue and training to my alma mater.

What do you enjoy most about teaching/facilitating?

I most enjoy interacting with executives from all over the country and over all industries. I learn something new every day.

How do you contribute to “transformational change” in the workplace?

Part of my curriculum is to get people to think in a completely different way. The motto of my course is always, “That’s an opinion — where is your data?”. To have participants speak in completely measurable terms is a big game changer.

Describe a “lightbulb” moment you’ve had on your personal career journey.

When I graduated from US Army Ranger School and I realized I can do anything my mind will let me.

Tagged , , ,