Tag: Julie Zinnert
VCU News Features Coastal Plant Ecology Lab’s research on climate change
VCU News featured the Coastal Plant Ecology Lab‘s research into climate change and its effects on barrier islands in Virginia.
The Coastal Plant Ecology Lab is managed by Assistant Professor Julie Zinnert, the principal investigator. Also featured in the story are Instructor Spencer Bissett, postdoctoral fellow Natasha Woods, and M.S. in Biology student, Michael Sinclair.
2018 Awards Ceremony Honors Biology Students
On April 6th, the Department of Biology honored nine students at the annual College of Humanities and Sciences Award Ceremony. The department recognizes these individuals for their outstanding work in their academic career, research, teaching, community contributions, and humanitarian efforts. We congratulate these students and look forward to their continue excellence.
2018 Award Recipients
- Sravya Uppalapati, Mohamed Shaaban Humanitarian Award
- Sarah Ingram, Outstanding Biology Graduate Teaching Assistant Award
- Benjamin Nettleton, Outstanding Biology Masters Student in Ecology
- Farahnoz Khojayori, Outstanding Biology Masters Student in Evolution
- Joseph Brown, Outstanding Biology PhD Student in Ecology
- Rohan Kankaria, Outstanding Biology Senior Award
- Nitika Gupta, Outstanding Biology Undergraduate Student in Cellular & Molecular Biology
- Emma Davis, Outstanding Biology Undergraduate Student in Ecology
- Heather Caslin, Outstanding PhD Student in Cellular & Molecular Biology