2020 VA Regional Health Sciences Education Symposium
Friday, February 28, 2020
10:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
Jonah L. Larrick Student Center
900 Turpin Street, Richmond, VA 23219
The 2020 VA Regional Health Sciences Education Symposium will celebrate educational scholarship across the continuum of health sciences education. The theme for 2020 is Health Education Scholarship: A Team Sport. Join fellow educators, leaders, and learners to promote the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Showcase health sciences educational scholarship
- Network with regional health sciences education colleagues
- Identify collaboration opportunities
- Share scholarly work in education with regional peers
- Engage interprofessionally with other health science educators and learners
Submissions were accepted for three types of presentations:
(Click the links below to access format guidelines.)
The review committee has contacted accepted abstract authors by email, including the format for presentation based on peer reviews. Proposal decisions were sent December 20th.
Tentative schedule for the event:
- 10:30 to 11–Registration/Check-in
- 11 to 11:45–Keynote
- 11:45 to noon–Lunch pick up
- 12 to 12:45–Table Discussions over Lunch
- 12:45 to 1:30–Poster Session
- 1:30 to 3:30–Breakout sessions
- 1:30 to 2:15–2 invited workshops on event theme
- 2:20 to 3:20–Oral presentations
- 3:20 to 3:30–Wrap up
Parking can be difficult to find in Richmond City. We recommend the Eighth Street Parking Deck at 659 N. 8th St., Richmond, VA 23298. If you are staying the night, most local hotels will have a parking deck. Please watch street signs closely as well.
While there is not a conference hotel, we can recommend three local hotels for those staying overnight:
- Hampton Inn on Main Street – they have a shuttle that can bring you to campus.
- Hilton Richmond Downtown on Broad Street – just within walking distance to the conference location.
- Quirk Hotel on Broad Street – a true Richmond experience with the Pulse bus connection to campus.
The following articles may also be useful as you prepare your submission:
The following articles pertain to medical education research: