Lobby Day (Jan. 20) parking/transportation impacts
On Monday, January 20, increased traffic near the State Capitol will close several streets which will impact RamRide’s accessibility to the A, M and R Lots.
As a result, RamRide will not provide service on Monday, Jan. 20 to these facilities. All A, M, and R Lot subscribers should park in the Eighth St. Deck or N Deck during this time. Your hangtag permit and/or VCU ID card will allow you access. In the event you encounter issues entering or exiting, please press the “i” button for assistance.
It may also be helpful to incorporate additional time in your commute, particularly if you are traveling during the 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. timeframe.
The I Lot will not be impacted, and RamRide service to this facility will continue as normal.
Additional info. on Lobby Day can be found at https://alert.vcu.edu/.
On Monday, January 20, from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m., GRTC will be required to detour many bus routes, including the Pulse and Route 5, near the State Capitol. Service delays are also likely as a result of increased traffic.
VCU community members traveling between campuses are encouraged to utilize Route 5.
- Passengers on the MCV Campus can board at 8th & Clay or 8th & Marshall stops to travel westbound to the Monroe Park Campus.
- Passengers on the Monroe Park Campus can board at Cary & Laurel, Cary & Harrison or Cary & Belvidere to travel eastbound to the MCV Campus.
Pulse will experience several stop closures and detours along the route.
- The nearest available stops to the MCV Campus will include: Convention Center East, Main Street Station East and VCU Medical Center West.
- Note: Passengers with reduced mobility may ride until the end of the Pulse loop to exit at the Medical Center West stop.
- The VCU/VUU stop will continue to be serviced.
All passengers are encouraged to incorporate additional time in your commute to account for service delays and detours. Stay informed of service changes on the GRTC mobile app or by following @GRTCTransit on Twitter.