Office of Alumni Relations

The latest news from Virginia Commonwealth University

Virginia Commonwealth University has established the VCU Alumni Council to enhance, unite and support its 208,000 alumni worldwide. 

Alumni were previously served by two 501(c)3 organizations, VCU Alumni and the MCV Alumni Association, whose boards earlier this year voted to dissolve their respective nonprofits and align with the VCU Office of Development and Alumni Relations. (Read more.)

The new VCU Alumni Council is being developed collaboratively among alumni, DAR staff and other campus partners and increases the value and reach of alumni services by creating more engagement and volunteer opportunities for chapters and constituent organizations worldwide. With 50 volunteer positions available among six committees, the new representational council offers increased opportunities for alumni to actively serve the university and to help plan future investments in alumni programs and services.  

“We are excited to continue to work with our dedicated volunteer leaders to create even more meaningful ways for alumni to connect with VCU and with one another,” says Elizabeth Bass (M.S.W.’03/SW), assistant vice president of alumni relations. “The council will help amplify opportunities to meet our alumni where they are.”

Read more about the VCU Alumni Council, its mission, vision and the committee opportunities coming this fall.

Categories Alumni, VCU Alumni

Comments

I graduated in 1989. I loved VCU, the professors and there was always something going on. I’ve lost track of many of the friends I had while I was there.