How To Apply
How To Apply for the March 2021 Match:
- VCU-Riverside Family Medicine Residency participates in the National Residency Matching Program (NMRP)
- Only applications submitted through the Electronic Residency Application System (ERAS) will be considered
- Thirteen (13) PGY-1 positions are available:
- NRMP Match Code # 1739120C0
- ACGME program code 120-51-31-323
- Program description is Categorical
- Due to safety concerns during this interview cycle we will be offering both in-person and remote interview experiences. We encourage remote interviews.
- We will be interviewing five days a week from November 2nd to Mid February.
- We will not be interviewing November 25 -27, 2020 (Thanksgiving ) or December 21, 2020 – January 1, 2021 (Christmas/New Year).
- We do not accept visas.
A completed ERAS application for our residency consists of:
- Completed Common ERAS Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- At least two (2) Letters of Recommendation written within the past year. At least one should be from a clinical rotation in the United States.
- Personal Statement explaining why you want to pursue Family Medicine.
- Head Photo (passport type) picture taken within the past six months.
- Medical School Timeframe – You must be enrolled in or have graduated from an accredited medical school within the last five years.
- Board Scores: There is no minimum score requirement. We do consider performance on standardized testing in our selection process. We understand that due to the COVID-19 pandemic testing has been delayed, and we will take this into consideration.
- Dean’s Letter
- Medical School Transcript
- ECFMG certification, if applicable. If suspension of STEP 2 CS affects your ability to obtain ECFMG certification, please refer to alternative pathways as published by the ECFMG.
Minimum Clinical Requirements for Consideration:
- At least two months of clinical rotations within the last 2 years precepted by a licensed allopathic or osteopathic physician which include:
- Direct contact with patients
- Independent histories and physical examinations
- Development of differential diagnoses
- Identification of relevant clinical findings
- Formulation of management plans
Additional Requirements for Appointment and Employment at Riverside Regional Medical Center:
- Immunizations (records are not part of the application, but would need to be presented if Matched with the program by the end of April).
- Measles, Mumps, & Rubella:
- Proof of immunization or immunity to Measles, Rubella, and Mumps
- Hepatitis B Vaccine:
- Series Completed/Date or Series in Progress/Dates
- Documented declination of vaccine before you can be put on the Match List
- Varicella (Chicken Pox):
- Validate Varicella Titer or 2 Vaccines
- Documented negative result on screening exam within the current year.
- Measles, Mumps, & Rubella:
- All potential employees are subject to a criminal background check and drug screening
- Interns must attend Orientation in June.
- BLS (Basic Life Support). ACLS (Advanced Cardiac Life Support), PALS (Pediatric Advanced Life Support), NRP (Neonatal Resuscitation Pulmonary), and ALSO (Advanced Life Support in Obstetrics) certification courses are offered during orientation. These certifications are required, but recent (current) certification can be accepted in lieu of attending these courses.
- All interns must be ready to start employment on June 27, 2021. Applicants who match with our program but are not able to begin employment on June 27, 2021, are subject to immediate dismissal.