To ensure you have all the support and resources needed for this final semester of the transition from Blackboard to Canvas, Academic Technologies has compiled a list of important resources.
- VCU Canvas Website – This page is updated regularly with training, how-to’s, resources, deadlines, and more.
- The Training Schedule including links to register, and you can join via Zoom
- Request Departmental Training for faculty and we will customize the session to meet your needs.
- Getting Started with Canvas – VCU knowledge base articles with step-by-step instructions and screenshots designed to help you through setting up your courses.
- Critical Deadlines for the Transition – Blackboard access and the switch to 100% Canvas.
- Visual Timeline for the Transition with summary
- Support – Where to go for help
- VCU Frequently Asked Questions
- Login to Canvas at VCU
- VCU Faculty Showcase Event – March 19th – submit a presentation and/or register to attend.
- Canvas training recordings from past sessions are stored in Kaltura.
- Sign up for a consultation with a VCU Online specialist. They have expanded their open office hours this semester to help faculty prepare for Canvas.
- Ask a question – submit general questions about Canvas at VCU, the transition timeline, etc.
- Canvas Learning Portal – for self-paced training, guides, videos and more
Subscribe for announcements, tips, and up-to-the-minute information