da Vinci Center News

The latest news and announcements

Happy Black History Month! Meet some of our amazing staff, who work hard behind the scenes (and now in front of the camera) to help with all things VCU da Vinci Center, like event planning, social media, community engagement, and leading courses and workshops.

Mason Miles | SHIFT Retail Lab Graduate Assistant

“It’s a collaborative environment where ideas blossom and entrepreneurship thrives. SHIFT Retail Lab at VCU is a resource of great ideas and people who are always willing to help. Seeing the space transform to meet the needs of different groups and community organizations is amazing to witness. But ultimately it’s the people.”

Brianna Davis | Social Media Graduate Assistant

“I love working alongside so many passionate and driven individuals. Everyone puts 100% effort into what they do and it’s reflective of the work being done, but also the environment that we work in.”

Jerica Simmons | Community Relations Graduate Assistant

“I like working at VCU da Vinci Center because I get to learn about Richmond history and culture from community experts through my graduate assistantship that I would not have had the privilege of knowing from any other source. Shoutout to our community members who are always willing to share. “

Tyrone Frye | Experiential Learning Coordinator

“There are so many reasons that I love working at SHIFT Retail Lab at VCU that it is hard to nail down just one, but my major reason is the students that come through the door. Interacting with them, hearing their stories, and celebrating their growth. It gives me life to work here because I get to dip my fingers into different pots. I like to think of myself as the kindly sage on their journey.”

Siera Fountain | Social Media Graduate Assistant

“I love the creative, collaborative, and kind community within the VCU da Vinci Center for Innovation. It’s a joy to work with such a unique group of individuals with a variety of backgrounds where we can all utilize our strengths and value each other’s specialties. The VCU da Vinci Center for Innovation is more than just a workplace, it’s a community.”

Categories Uncategorized