Top 5 Reasons To Apply for On-campus Housing
- The on-campus staff is invested in your student’s future. They create an environment that nurtures success by helping students access campus resources, providing personal growth opportunities through programs, and helping students connect to the Richmond and VCU communities.
- One inclusive housing bill: Having all housing expenses in one bill allows students to focus on accomplishing goals instead of paying utilities.
- Proximity to campus resources like the library, gym and dining options
- Commitment to students’ safety: VCU Residential Life and Housing works closely with VCU Police and campus security to provide a safe place to live, study and succeed.
- It is the best way for students to explore all their housing options. Completing a Housing Application does not lock a student into a housing contract. The housing contract is considered signed once a student chooses a space. If students do not find a space they like, they do not choose a room and are free to find a space elsewhere. By completing a housing application, a student can explore all their housing options.
The 2021-2022 Housing Application opened Monday, Feb. 1, at noon and closes Friday, Feb. 12, at noon. To apply, please visit housing.vcu.edu/application. In the application, students will have the option to create and/or join a roommate group. These groups allow students to select spaces as a group. To learn more about roommate groups, please visit page 10 of the Come Home to Campus brochure.
Once a student has completed their application, they will have an opportunity to choose a space on their selection day. Rising sophomore selection will begin March 12. To learn more about selection days, please see page 8 of the Come Home to Campus brochure.
If students or families have questions, please visit housing.vcu.edu, email email@example.com or use the housing website’s chat feature. To view all the upperclass housing options, please take the Virtual Tour.