Registration is now open for Virtual Orientation
Welcome to VCU! We are excited for you to become a part of the RAMily! To ensure the health and well-being of you and the VCU community, this summer’s orientation will take place virtually. VCU requires all new, incoming students to complete virtual Orientation. New Student and Family Programs at VCU is committed to helping you and your student get RAM READY by sharing campus resources to help you succeed, answering your questions about your student becoming a new Ram and connecting you with fellow current and incoming VCU parents and families!
For more information about the newly created virtual Orientation and other virtual programs offered for students and families, visit the VCU Orientation webpage. Please note: students must be the ones to complete their orientation registration.
What students must complete before they register:
- You must officially accept your offer and pay your tuition deposit. Once your payment is processed within 2-3 business days, you will be able to log in to register for orientation.
- If you have not yet set up your eID, you must do so before you can make a reservation to attend Orientation, apply for housing or access your VCU email account. To get your VCU eID, visit https://myeid.vcu.edu/. You can set up your VCU email account at https://collaborate.vcu.edu/.
- First-year students must take the Math Placement Test before registering for Orientation. You can access Math Placement the test here: https://math.vcu.edu/undergraduate/resources/placement/
- Students planning on registering for General Chemistry I (Chem 101), including students who have taken AP Chemistry, are required to take the Chemistry Placement test as a prerequisite for the class. You can access the test at: https://chemplacement.vcu.edu/tests.aspx
- First-year students will be pre-registered for their courses throughout the summer. Make sure you have completed the course registration survey so your advisors can determine the best courses for you. Before taking the survey, you must have taken your Math Placement test.
How students can register:
To complete their orientation registration, students must log in with their VCU eID and password. They must pay the nonrefundable $100 Orientation fee and click SUBMIT at the end. They will then receive an email with detailed information on how to access the virtual Orientation modules which will become available in mid-late June. Student fees for virtual Orientation have been reduced for all incoming Fall Summer 2020 students to provide the most cost-effective option for you.
How students can add a family member:
We have a special online Orientation program just for families! If family members would like to gain access to this virtual Orientation resource and receive information about online opportunities just for families, students must register them as a guest. For summer 2020, we are waiving all fees for families and guests of students starting classes in Fall 2020.
New Student and Family Programs Staff