Discussion explores intersection of developmental disabilities, child welfare
VCU’s Child Welfare Stipend Program and Virginia Leadership Education in Neurodevelopmental Disabilities (Va-LEND) presented a panel discussion, Developmental Disability and Child Welfare: What Do You Need to Know?, on May 24, 2022.
The discussion focused on the ABCs of development disability and what child welfare workers need to know when working with children and caregivers with developmental disabilities. It featured panelists Matt Bogenschutz, Ph.D., associate professor and director of Va-LEND; Aaran Kelley, Family First project manager for Virginia Department of Social Services; and Heather Akin, independent living coordinator, Richmond City Department of Social Services. M.S.W. student Hope Davis moderated, and the event was co-managed by CWSP coordinator Naomi Reddish, M.S.W.
- DARS Transition Services Guide (PDF)
- DMAS Developmental Disabilities Waiver (BI, FIS, CL) Services (PDF)
- Exceptional Education Parent Guide-2010 (PDF)
- Fostering Connections and Every Student Succeeds Act packet (PDF)
- Guardian Conservatorship Proceedings (PDF)
- Handbook for Parents and Guardians in Child Dependency Cases (PDF)
- Transitioning a Youth with Disabilities (PDF)
- Virginia Managed Care Health Plan chart (PDF)