Magazine features 3 social work alumni as Top 40 Under 40
Anyone who knows the community impact of social work won’t be surprised to learn that Richmond’s Style Weekly magazine’s Top 40 Under 40 includes three alumni of the VCU School of Social Work.
The annual issue, billed as “people building a new Richmond before our eyes,” includes:
- Felicia Bowman, a medical social worker at Health Brigade
- Allison Gilbreath, a policy analyst at Voices for Virginia’s Children
- Caroline Townsend-Neal, founder and executive director of the nonprofit Worthdays, which helps children in the foster care system.
Gilbreath’s comments about the profession and the importance of inclusivity resonate with all social workers.
“In social work, our mantra is, ‘Nothing about us, without us,’ ” she says in the article. “Sometimes the least valued voice in the room is that of the children we’re supposed to be serving. I wanted to make sure they’re heard from the start.”
VCUSSW ALUMNI CONNECTIONS
* Update contact information
* VCUSSW LinkedIn
* Make a Gift to the School
* Contact Development and Alumni Relations: (804) 828-7166 | Email