President’s Posts

Michael Rao, Ph.D.

Category results for: Community

Congratulations, VCU Class of 2021!

VCU celebrated the many accomplishments of the Class of 2021 with a virtual universitywide commencement ceremony this weekend. It’s an honor to welcome over 5,200 graduates to the VCU Alumni family. Below, is my speech to VCU Class of 2021. GO RAMS! It is a privilege to bring my warmest greetings to the entire VCU Ram […]

Spring Semester Update; Tuition freeze, faculty and staff raises

Dear students, faculty and staff, Congratulations on ending a spring semester that began with COVID challenges but ends with the expectation that we will be together again this fall. I am pleased to share with you a message of optimism and celebration as we end the academic year on a high note. Despite personal, academic […]

2021 PACME Celebration

Dear colleagues, Please join Vice President Aashir Nasim, members of our university community and me for the 2021 annual Presidential Awards for Community Multicultural Enrichment (PACME).  We will host this year’s celebration virtually at 3:00 p.m. on Tuesday, April 27, 2021, and invite you to view this live event.  The PACME ceremony was created to recognize […]

A message from Dr. Art Kellermann: Introducing the History and Health Program

Team VCU,  Together, as a team that embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion, we are working to define the future of health and health care for the Commonwealth and our nation. We are creating a community that recognizes and embraces diverse backgrounds, identities and lived experiences. We recognize that longstanding inequalities in treatment – deeply and […]

An Independent, Comprehensive Review of Greek Life

Last week, VCU’s Board of Visitors’ meeting began with a moment of silence to honor the memory of Adam Oakes. As I shared with our Board, I talked to Adam’s family – the pain his family is suffering is unfathomable. No parent should receive a call from a college president offering sympathy for the loss […]

An Amazing Visit

On Wednesday, a bright national spotlight shined on VCU thanks to First Lady Dr. Jill Biden’s visit to VCU Massey Cancer Center. We were honored by her tour of our facilities and leadership of a discussion about ending cancer disparities. “This has been amazing: what I’ve seen of the research here, what’s going on with […]

« Previous Page
Next Page »