Distinguished Faculty Awards – Call for Nominations
Virginia Commonwealth University is Virginia’s premier urban, public research university. This is due, in no small part, to the talent and dedication of our faculty members who excel as teachers, researchers, creative scholars, and clinicians, and distinguish themselves in scholarship and service every day. Our faculty serve as models of excellence who embody the goals and aspirations of our strategic plan, Quest 2025.
VCU’s faculty personifies our mission to advance knowledge and student success. Therefore, I am honored to issue an annual call for nominations for the Distinguished Faculty Awards Program. Since 1982, VCU has paid formal tribute at Convocation to members of the faculty who support our mission with distinction and exemplify what is best about the University. The categories for the Distinguished Faculty Awards are:
- Distinguished Teaching Award – $3,500 and non-monetary gift
- Distinguished Scholarship Award – $3,500 and non-monetary gift
- Distinguished Service Award – $3,500 and non-monetary gift
- Outstanding Early Career Faculty Award – $3,500 and non-monetary gift
- Outstanding Term Faculty Award – $3,500 and non-monetary gift
- University Award of Excellence – $5,000 and non-monetary gift
You can view the criteria, timeline and instructions for your nominations on the President’s Award Nominations webpage.
Our professors are at the heart of VCU’s commitment to transform our students’ lives and ensure their success. Thank you for taking the time to consider nominating your colleagues for the University’s Distinguished Faculty Awards Program.
VCU and VCU Health System