Blog About It

Katy's Exploration of Blogging

User uploaded custom header image

I haven’t thought about using podcasts in the classroom before.  First I need to learn how to create one! But I can see how they would be an appealing way to help students demonstrate comprehension of a subject.  It would also be fun for them to take on the roll of journalist or “radio” host and delve into the current events of the classroom or school.  Check out this site I came across that gives a few examples for using podcasts as part of the educational routine:

http://www.simplek12.com/blended-learning/5-ways-to-use-podcasts-in-the-classroom/

Have you tried using podcasts as part of your teaching curriculum?

Comments

I’ve never used Podcasts, and I have never seen a teacher use them. To me, that’s motivation to do it first, and do it well! I’m looking forward to this process!

Crystal

Katy –
Bonus credit – using a Wordcloud – smart! I’ve never used podcasts in the classroom but I’m pretty excited about this project. The tools seem great to work with and produce a polished product. Good luck!

Hi Katy, I have never created a podcast, but as a special educator, I do not have to contemplate the use of this assistive technology. I can envision myself using podcasts with the students and as a collaborative tool during IEP meetings. Marsha