Canvas Status Updates for August 5th, 2020
How to publish courses and override term settings in Canvas
The term settings in Canvas for Fall 2020 are set to allow student access on August 11th. If an instructor wishes to allow students to access their courses now, the default term setting can be overridden within course settings. Learning Systems has added a new AskIt page, outlining the process.
Finally, don’t forget to publish your course when you’re ready to start teaching in Canvas!
Updates on third party tool integrations in Canvas
- VCU Portal Integration – A Canvas link is now available in th MyVCU Portal for direct access and login. The deeper integration that we have with Blackboard is forthcoming for Canvas once the new portal has been implemented by Web Services.
- Third-party tool integrations – Learning Systems has installed the following integrations for use by all courses for Fall 2020. Other department-level integrations are also being installed that don’t appear on this list. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to request an integration for Spring 2021 or to get the status of a requested department-level integration.
- Kaltura MediaSpace
- Blackboard Collaborate
- Adobe Creative Cloud and Spark
- Google Apps
- Respondus Lockdown Browser
- McGraw Hill
- Pearson MyLabs and Mastering
- LinkedIn Learning
- Top Hat and Examsoft have not yet been installed in Canvas. Those particular vendors support only one LMS to be integrated with a single institution account at a time. Once it has been determined that all departments and courses using those integrations have moved to Canvas, those tools will be migrated.
Thank you from VCU Learning Systems!