12-Month Residence Halls Close July 15
In observance of Summer Break, 12-month residence halls will close on Friday, July 15, 2022 at 10 a.m.
Residents returning to Ackell, Broad and Belvidere, Grace and Broad and West Grace North will need to temporarily vacate their assigned apartment and remove all of their belongings from their on-campus apartment by 10 a.m. on July 15 at the latest.
Make sure to check out and complete the following before leaving:
- Remove all personal belongings from the unit to avoid improper checkout fees. Check the closets, wardrobes, drawers, cabinets, fridges, and under/behind furniture.
- Dispose of all trash.
- Remove all tape, staples, thumbtacks, etc., from walls, ceilings, floor and furniture.
- Reassemble VCU provided furniture (i.e. bed).
- Close/lock windows and blinds.
- Set the thermostat to 72 degrees and on “Auto” if applicable.
- Close and lock the door(s).
- Residents are allowed to check out of their room/apartment at anytime.
- When you are ready to checkout please visit your Information Desk of your community to retrieve your express checkout envelope.
- Return your keys by completing an express check-out envelope; seal the keys inside or indicate the keys were lost and leave them in the designated bin.
- Keys CANNOT be mailed. Failure to return your key will result in a lost key charge.
- Room/Apartment Key $65
- Mailroom Keys $20
Students may be charged for the removal, transport, and storage of any lost or abandoned items reasonably determined to belong to them:
- $50 Charge per box under 25 lb.
- $75 Charge per box over 25 lb.
- $100 Charge per refrigerator, microwave, or TV
If a resident needs move-out assistance, they are permitted to have three guests to help. Guests will need to check in at the front desk prior to entering the building. Guests will be given wristbands to wear when assisting with move-out. Guests without wristbands will be asked to leave the building.