Partner Spotlight: Bremo Pharmacy
Bremo Pharmacy is a partner in the Center for Pharmacy Practice Innovation‘s 24-hour blood pressure monitoring project. Through this project, Bremo and CPPI researchers were able to get a snapshot of what their patients’ blood pressures look like over the course of a day and night, allowing them to better care for their needs.
“Dave Dixon and the CPPI team did an excellent job acquiring the grant for this study,” said Mary Curtis, a pharmacist at Bremo.
“As part of the grant, we were all trained so that not only I felt comfortable, but also my team could feel comfortable working with each patient,” she said. “When we had questions or concerns, they were able to support us. Dave went above and beyond to reach out to the company and get additional monitors so we could serve even more patients. This service has been extremely invaluable and loved by not only us as a clinic team, but also by the patients and the physicians!”
Bremo Pharmacies has been a family-owned, independent community pharmacy leader in Richmond for more than 40 years. Founder Dan Herbert envisioned a pharmacy that would help each person be as healthy as possible by meeting their total and unique health needs. That purpose led to “The Bremo Way,” the unique process of customizing pharmacy care to meet each patient’s full health needs with personalized service.
The people of Bremo believe in and live by the following core values as they make decisions and strive to provide the best possible care for their patients.
- We believe acting with honesty and integrity is the only acceptable option.
- We believe knowledge and understanding are essential steps to good health.
- We believe in the power of positive attitude.
- We believe good health starts with prevention, including good lifestyle choices and early health screenings.
- We believe in meeting the needs of the whole person.
- We believe in listening to people, caring about them and building relationships.
- We believe we must constantly evolve and improve as new therapy options become available.
- We believe people’s health and well-being take priority over sales.
- We believe all people deserve the same care, regardless of race, gender, age, sexual orientation, religious choice or ethnicity.
- We believe in giving back to our community.