VCU School of Nursing News Archive

Visit nursing.vcu.edu/news for news features published after November 2023

User uploaded custom header image

In recognition of National Nurse Practitioner Week, VCU School of Nursing is highlighting an NP student each day sharing why they chose to pursue this important role in health care.

Meet alum Christine Aubry, a part-time Master’s student (Family Nurse Practitioner concentration) who also works as a study coordinator for the school’s Mindful Moms project.

Q. Why did you decide to go back to school to become an NP?

A. I worked at the bedside at VCU Health for three years after graduating in 2018. During my time working with acutely sick patients, I realized I wanted the opportunity to build relationships with patients before and after they were hospitalized and provide comprehensive primary care throughout the lifespan. In my future role as an FNP, I hope to accomplish this by educating patients and their families on health maintenance strategies and how they can best prevent and/or manage chronic illnesses in a way that works for their lifestyle.

Q. What drew you to VCU’s NP program?

A. My undergraduate experience through VCU’s traditional BS program drew me to VCU’s NP program. Based on my undergraduate experience and the relationships I built with faculty, I knew VCU’s SON had faculty and staff that are truly dedicated, passionate, and talented when it comes to teaching students and helping shape the future of advanced practice nursing!

Interested in learning how you can become a nurse practitioner through VCU School of Nursing’s Master’s Program, Post-Professional Certificate or DNP program? Request more information at this link. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe45-0hIvZf1yyeNJGSMX9Sh-v8sCMztkYm5YRuMEny7iXnFg/viewform

Categories News, Students
Tagged , , , , , ,