VCU School of Nursing News Archive

Visit nursing.vcu.edu/news for news features published after November 2023

User uploaded custom header image

In recognition of Nurse Practitioner Week, VCU School of Nursing is highlighting an NP student each day sharing why they chose to pursue this important role in health care.

Meet Grace Keller, a Post-B.S. to DNP student( Family NP Concentration) who works as a registered nurse in the VCU Health, Ambulatory Surgery Pre-op/PACU.

Q. Why did you decide to go back to school to become an NP?

A. I’ve been wanting to continue my education in nursing for a few years, but wasn’t quite ready and the timing wasn’t right. Since I have a few more years of experience, more leadership experience, and a genuine desire to make positive change in my community in primary practice, now is the right time.

Q. What drew you to VCU’s Post-B.S. to DNP program?

A. Being an employee at VCU has been one of the best decisions I’ve made, and I knew that VCU’s School of Nursing is where I wanted to earn my graduate degree. I am very happy to have been accepted in the new BS-DNP track, which will allow me the opportunity to gain new leadership experience in addition to a strong clinical and research foundation. I appreciate the part-time format, which allows me to work while in the program, and the fact that clinical placement is provided. VCU’s reputation as a strong academic medical facility means that I’ll have exposure to a wider variety of patients and patient care areas than if I were pursuing my education elsewhere.

Interested in learning how you can become a nurse practitioner through VCU’s Post-B.S. to DNP program? Request more information at this link. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe45-0hIvZf1yyeNJGSMX9Sh-v8sCMztkYm5YRuMEny7iXnFg/viewform

Categories News, Students
Tagged , ,