Canvas Training Services Portal Update
The Canvas Training Services Portal (TSP) is the best place to receive a variety of training content, and now it will be easier than ever to access.
In January 2023, the Canvas Training Services Portal (TSP) is updating the way content is delivered, and we are excited to share these changes with you.
Using your same TSP link in the Canvas Help Menu, you will be authenticated and transferred to the new Canvas TSP. Here, you will click the Training Portal icon in the Canvas Global Navigation bar to sign up for courses, pathways, and live webinars.
The Canvas TSP will still contain:
- Learning Pathways – a series of On Demand Training courses with videos, written information, and related help guides curated into a logical series
- Courses – a series of On Demand training videos, animations, and written information along with related links to help guides to learn all of the Canvas awesomeness
- Live Webinar Calendar with daily registration options to access Live Webinar Training . Participants can interact with a trainer and collaborate with other Canvas clients from across the country. The 1-hr sessions have pre-set agendas and are repeated on a regular basis
- Badges – all completed courses and webinars will provide the learner with a Badge
- Certificate – Each learning pathway will provide a certificate to the learner if they attain the minimum level of competency as measured by content interaction questions
Action Required – Before January 23rd
Many institutions have been using the Training Services Portal to track certification hours and program completion either through transcripts or badge completion. Don’t worry, that information will still be available through the new Canvas TSP.
If a learner has completed any course or pathway in the current TSP, individual learners will be able to generate and download a transcript of completed course(s)/pathways prior to the change and a full transcript of completed courses will migrate and be available in the new TSP. If a learner was in progress on any course in the current TSP, the learner’s progress will not migrate and a learner must complete the course again from the beginning in the new TSP.
After the transition, on January 23, 2023, all previous in-progress information will no longer be available. There is also a possibility of some downtime on the 23rd and 24th. Live webinars will not be available during this time as well.
Each learner may go to My Learning in the current portal and click the EXPORT TRANSCRIPT on the right of the screen. Their transcript CSV will download to their computer.