VCU Human Research Protections Program – Winter Closing Holiday Schedule 2021
The VCU Human Research Protection Program (IRB) Office will be closed for the holidays December 23, 2021 through January 2, 2022, and will reopen on Monday, January 3, 2022.
Investigators remain responsible for reporting to the IRB any unanticipated problems involving risk to subjects or others that occur during this time.
- For guidance on what constitutes an unanticipated problem, refer to the VCU IRB Written Policies and Procedure #VII-6. In addition, as always, investigators are responsible for taking any actions necessary to ensure the ongoing safety of research participants.
- To report an unanticipated problem involving risk to subjects or others:
- Follow the normal procedure for submitting the Report within RAMS-IRB.
- To seek guidance regarding an unanticipated problem or any emergency situation during the Winter Closing holiday:
- Call 804-828-0868 and leave a message, including a phone number where you can be reached. Messages will be checked daily, and your call will be returned.
Please Note: With the exception of urgent reports for unanticipated problems or other emergencies, the office will not be processing or reviewing submissions during the closing, and the IRB’s full board will not convene between December 20, 2021 and January 7, 2022. Investigators may therefore experience a delay in the review turnaround time for submissions received around the holidays. Studies that require continuing review and are due to expire during, or immediately following, the Winter Closing should be submitted for continuing review as soon as possible to allow for IRB review prior to the Winter Closing holiday. We appreciate your patience and understanding.