Dean's blog

Lyndon F. Cooper | School of Dentistry

Today, I met a new faculty member. A few weeks ago, I met three others. And just a few months ago, I was that new faculty member. I have spent some time reflecting on what joining a new institution and moving to a new city has meant to me and my family.

I envisioned the move to be a new adventure filled with places and opportunities that would be much different from what I knew before. Then, I thought about the people that I would meet here. I underestimated how significant their impact would be.   

Many people, many different people, have welcomed us to Richmond and VCU School of Dentistry. Everyone has been optimistic and helpful, and for this I am grateful. This new adventure is just beginning, but what a wonderful beginning it has been.

I’m especially excited to greet our newest students, staff and several new faculty members, knowing that you all have welcomed them with the same graciousness, good will and inspiration afforded to me. As one of the newcomers, thank you all for a great beginning to what will be a fantastic new adventure together.

Lyndon F. Cooper, D.D.S., Ph.D., F.A.C.P.

Dean and Professor of Prosthodontics

Virginia Commonwealth University School of Dentistry

Categories Deans blog