Category: Job opportunities
Job listings for the Department of Medicinal Chemistry including Post-doctoral positions, research lab assistants, staff positions, and faculty positions.
Postdoctoral Position Open in Desai Lab’s K12 Career Development Program
The National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (NHLBI) has granted a K12 Career Development Program in translational glycosciences titled “Glycans in Blood Homeostasis and Disease” to Blood Center of Wisconsin (BCW), Medical College of Wisconsin (MCW), Roswell Park Comprehensive Cancer Center (Roswell), and Virginia Commonwealth University (VCU). This multi-institution (Wisconsin, New York and Virginia) program links unique and diverse glycoscience expertise with research facilities, major teaching hospitals, blood bank and pharmaceutical education. K12 Scholars are expected to commit and pursue a glycoscience based investigation, as it relates to the mission of the NHLBI through a rigorous program involving hands-on research, didactic coursework, collaboration with experienced scientists in and outside the field, dissemination of knowledge, paper and grant writing activities, and participation in the national K12 consortium. Scholars will become knowledgeable in 1) molecular aspects of glycoscience; 2) experimental research inquiries into functions of glycans; 3) translation of bench research to the bedside; 4) dissemination of research to scientists and the lay public; and 4) writing extramurally funded grant applications. Applications are invited from interested applicants, who must be U.S. citizens or lawfully admitted for permanent residents at the time of appointment. Eligibility includes post-doctoral fellows (PhD degree holders) that have completed at least 2 years of research training or have gained exceptional research qualifications during their graduate training, physicians (MDs) who have completed residencies or fellowships in clinical specialties, and early stage faculty members. Funding will become available July 1, 2018. Interested candidates are required to submit:
- A completed application form (see translationalglycomics.com).
- Complete full Curriculum Vitae
- Cover letter clearly stating the desired Center(BCW, MCW, Roswell, or VCU) (Program Faculty members are listed below)
- 1 – 2 page personal statement summarizing 1) past accomplishments; 2) area of intended research; 3) future career goals and timeline; 4) justification on how K12 training correlates with career goals; and 5) past and future interest in the field of glycosciences
- 3 letters of recommendations to independently reach the K12 office (send to k12Admin@BCW.edu).