Pediatric Medical Devices 3-day Virtual Public Workshop – February 9-11, 2021
Through a cooperative agreement with the Critical Path Institute (C-Path), the U.S. Food and Drug Administration’s (FDA) Center for Devices and Radiological Health (CDRH) announced a 3-day virtual public workshop, System of Hospitals for Innovation in Pediatrics – Medical Devices (SHIP-MD) 2021 Virtual Workshop.
The purpose of this workshop is to bring together stakeholders interested in pediatric medical device development to review, discuss, and gather feedback on the strategic framework for SHIP-MD. Specific focus will be on the five workstreams of SHIP-MD: Navigation, Finance, Hospitals, Regulatory, Reimbursement. SHIP-MD represents a new and collaborative strategic approach, to foster a robust national pediatric medical device ecosystem focused on reducing risk and accelerating the development of medical devices for children. Stakeholder input will be used in the development of a strategic plan for the potential next phase of the SHIP-MD initiative.
- Workshop Date: February 9 – 11, 2021
- Location: The meeting will be webcast.
- Registration Deadline: Free registration will be available up to the workshop.
What to expect:
- February 9: Plenary sessions will provide the background and overview of SHIP-MD, along with an introduction to the interactive sessions of days 2 and 3, which will focus on the five key workstreams.
- February 10-11: In-depth breakout sessions for each workstream, which will include a focused presentation, with time for clarifying questions and answers, and feedback from participants.