2020 ADDF-Harrington Scholar Award
Alzheimer’s Drug Discovery Foundation and Harrington Discovery Institute at University Hospitals in Cleveland, Ohio are pleased to announce the request for proposals for the 2020 ADDF-Harrington Scholar Award.
The ADDF-Harrington Scholar Award supports research efforts that seek to prevent, treat, or cure Alzheimer’s disease, related dementias and cognitive-decline associated with aging. For the 2020 RFP, targets related to emerging therapeutic areas for dementia are of high priority, particularly proteostasis and neurovascular health.
Applicants have the opportunity to receive:
- Funding up to $600,000 over two years.
- Dedicated drug discovery and development support from Harrington Discovery Institute’s Therapeutics Development team (experienced pharma and business development team with a track record of bringing new drugs to market).
- Academic investigators at accredited medical centers, research institutions, and universities in the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom are eligible to apply.
- Lead investigator must have an MD, a PhD, or equivalent.
- Proposals should show potential to advance discovery into meaningful therapeutics to treat, prevent, or slow Alzheimer’s disease or related dementias.
- Team should possess intellectual property (IP) or have potential for novel IP.
- Researchers working on drug development programs that are relevant to, but not presently focused on the Alzheimer’s field, are encouraged to apply.
- Interested applicants are required to submit a Letter of Intent (LOI) by 5:00 PM ET, Monday, May 18, 2020. LOIs will be reviewed on a rolling basis prior to May 18 deadline.