Public Workshop – Artificial Intelligence in Radiological Imaging
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) announced a public workshop entitled “Evolving Role of Artificial Intelligence in Radiological Imaging,” will be held February 25-26, 2020. This workshop is an opportunity for stakeholders to provide feedback to the FDA on the following topics:
- Emerging applications of Artificial Intelligence (AI) in radiological imaging, including devices intended to automate the diagnostic radiology workflow and enable guided image acquisition;
- Benefits and risks associated with using AI in radiological imaging; and
- Best practices for the validation of AI-automated radiological imaging software and image acquisition devices to assess safety and effectiveness.
- January 10, 2020 – Request to make oral presentations
- February 12, 2020 – Register to attend the workshop
- March 26, 2020 – Submit written comments