Nov. 27: Jeffress Trust (limited submission)
The Office of Research and Innovation has been notified of a limited submission opportunity from the Jeffress Trust– Jeffress Trust Awards Program in Interdisciplinary Research.
Please submit abstracts and biosketches via RAMS-SPOT Internal Opportunities no later than 11/27/2019 12:00 PM.
The guidelines are available here:
|Internal Opportunity ID:||Jeffress Trust Awards Program in Interdisciplinary Research|
|Link to Sponsor Announcement:||https://hria.org/tmf/jeffress/|
note the Jeffress Trust Awards Program in Interdisciplinary Research has
not yet released the 2020 request for proposals or deadline. However,
the deadline has traditionally been mid-January to early February. The
funder has confirmed the requirements are not significantly different.
This limited submission will be updated once further information is
available. Information included in this announcement is from the 2019
Each institution is limited to five (5) nominations (inclusive of all schools and colleges).
Approximate proposal deadline: January 17, 2020 (2:00 p.m. Eastern Standard Time)
|Additional Submission Instructions:||To submit an application for this limited submission, please either click on the internal Opportunity ID hyperlink above or locate the Opportunity ID in RAMS-SPOT under the internal opportunities tab (http://www.research.vcu.edu/vcuera/index.htm).|
|Document Formatting Instructions:||ALL documents must be uploaded in PDF format.|
Submit a project abstract (no more than two pages, single-spaced, Arial 11-point font) including the following specific information:
1. A short description of the overall project, including the research question(s)/aim(s).
2. The significance of the project.
3. A short description of the main research/project activities with enough specificity for review.
4. How does your project meet the objectives or goals of the specific funding program?
5. Include a description of plans to include undergraduate student research opportunities in the
6. Please list any collaborators and their roles in addition to the project investigators, if applicable.
Please submit individual biosketches (in either NSF or NIH format) for the Principal Investigator and each Co-Investigator, including a personal statement related to experience/qualifications for the proposed Jeffress project and an explanation of any gaps in work history.