Oct. 9 & Oct. 11: Crucial Conversations with the IRB Part II (CReSS Workshop)
Crucial Conversations with the IRB, Part II: “Oops we did it again” Unanticipated Problems, Non-compliance
Register for only one of the following two sessions:
Wednesday, Oct. 9, from 9 – 10:30 am; MMEC 12‐101/102
Friday, Oct. 11, from 2:30 – 4 pm; MMEC 12‐101/102
The VCU IRB will continue their conversation with research teams in Part II of the Crucial Conversations with discussions of unanticipated problems and non-compliance.
- Participants will be able to identify events reportable to the IRB
- Participants will be able to understand the differences and overlap between Adverse Events and Unanticipated Problems
- Participants will be able to discern between potential Unanticipated Problems and Non-compliance.
Presenters from VCU Human Research Protection Program
- John Horigan, Director
- Nyssa Towsley, Education and Outreach Manager
- Clinical research professionals including coordinators, regulatory specialists, research administrators, research nurses, and principal investigators
Space is limited so please register early, and ensure that at least one representative from your clinical research area attends. Please bring ID (for attendance log in), cell phone, and enthusiasm.
A Certificate of Attendance will be provided for continuing education hour documentation.