2019 Mid-Atlantic Interprofessional Leadership Conference
- Friday, October 18, 2019, 7:30 AM – 5:00 PM
- Richmond Marriott Downtown, Richmond, VA
- Registration ($145-155)
Target Audience: Multiple Specialties, Nurse Practitioner, Nursing, Nutrition, Physical Therapy, Physician Assistant, Social Work, Speech Language Pathology
Overview: The 16th Annual Mid-Atlantic Interprofessional Leadership Conference, with a theme of “Leading the Way” in team-based care, is specifically designed to educate and equip those in leadership and management positions in establishing team purpose, connecting personal & organizational goals, creating cultures of mindful resilience, closing the equity gaps, cultivating team performance and promoting the safety of our teams.
The conference is intended for all formal and informal healthcare leaders and managers, including nurses, allied health professionals, social workers, Advanced Practice Providers and physicians, located in the Richmond area and the Mid-Atlantic region.
- Develop practical skills in building individual and team resilience, compassion and empathy to improve the team’s ability to deal with “wicked problems” and to continue to “do good”.
- Understand the impact of social factors related to health outcomes and how teams can maximize opportunities to collaborate with our local-level partners.
- Understand the science of persuasion for better team communication and improved care delivery across the continuum of care.
- Understand the key strategies to prevent workplace violence and how to cultivate individual and team safety in the workplace.
- Develop insights on the future of healthcare and identify the influential dynamics impacting healthcare transformation. (which include fragmentation inpatient care, access problems, unsustainable costs, sub-optimal outcomes, and equity gaps)
Abstracts: Researchers and clinicians at all levels are encouraged to submit abstracts on improving the patient experience & clinician satisfaction, better outcomes in population health, and cost reduction.
Click here for the application. Submission deadline is September 20, 2019.