IEEE EMB Special Topic Conference on Healthcare Innovations and Point-of-Care Technologies
- November 20-22, 2019
- NIH Natcher Conference Center, Bethesda MD
- Registration https://hipt.embs.org/2019/registration/ ($0-$675)
The sixth annual IEEE EMB Strategic Conference will focus on point-of-care technologies (POCT) for healthcare, emphasizing funding opportunities and the promise and pitfalls of the journey from idea to the patient. The conference will provide a strategic forum in which clinicians, industry experts, innovation experts, researchers and students will examine how to define unmet clinical needs and successfully travel along the innovation cycle towards commercialization and patient impact. Clinical, technological, regulatory, and marketing aspects of this learnable process will be stressed. Small group sessions will do deep dives in commercialization bootcamp sessions. Recently-established Centers for POCT will highlight their funding opportunities for academic and industry innovators. “Speed dating” networking sessions will give innovators opportunities to privately discuss their technologies with Center leaders.
Keynote speeches, panel discussions, a demonstration showcase and breakout sessions with leaders and stakeholders will address clinical needs, mastering the process of innovation, funding, and individual networking opportunities.
The goal of this year’s meeting is to bring technical, clinical, and biomedical experts together to identify unmet clinical needs for health and wellness, disease prevention, and chronic disease management. Sessions topics include:
- Defining and Solving Unmet Medical Needs
- Personalized Medicine, Health and Wellness Across the Lifespan
- Emerging Technology Platforms for Disease Prevention, Diagnosis and Treatment
- Health Technology Needs for Deep Space Missions
- AI for the Clinical Environment
- Infectious Diseases: Tools to Improve Detection, Reduce Transmission, and Identify Antimicrobial Drug Resistance
- Unmet Needs in the Diagnosis and Management of HIV/AIDS
- Technology Innovation for Heart, Lung, Blood and Sleep Disorders
- Emerging Applications for Cancer Diagnosis and Treatment
- Early Diagnosis of Infection, Treatment/Immunotherapy Monitoring
- Technology for Brain Disorders
- Global Healthcare Needs and POC Technologies
- Patient-Engineer-Physician Interface
- Navigating the Healthcare Innovation Cycle
- Moving Point of Care Technologies to the Patient: Clinical and Regulatory Considerations
- Precision Health and Big Data Analytics
- Posters and Translational Demonstrations
Who Should Attend
All researchers, clinicians and students engaged in scientific and clinical research related to development and commercialization of healthcare applications are invited to attend. All stakeholders in healthcare innovations, delivery, maintenance, services and management are specifically encouraged to participate in the conference. Industries and businesses dealing with healthcare products, devices, pharma and payers, along with life-sciences-related sponsoring agencies and foundations are welcome to participate in the collaborative synergy addressing the future of healthcare innovations and point-of-care technologies in medicine.
All questions may be directed to the EMBS Contact Form.