Clinical Research Unit Update
As you may know, the Wright Center’s Clinical Research Unit (also known as the CRSU) is undergoing staffing changes. Over the next month, several staff members will be transitioning from the CRSU to other opportunities within the VCUHS family.
- Joelle Lemmons will be leaving the CRSU for the VCUHS Division of Bariatric and GI Surgery located in the West Hospital. Joelle’s last day on the unit will be Friday, July 28.
- Yvonne Reyes has accepted a position with the VCUHS Sleep Center on Forest Hill Avenue. Her last day on the unit was Friday, July 14.
- Tassy Thomas will be leaving the CRSU and joining the VCUHS Center for Advanced Health management on Laburnum Avenue. Tassy’s last day on the unit will be Friday, August 11.
While we are saddened to lose such talented members of our clinical team, we are excited for them as they embark on the next phase of their careers. Their contribution to clinical research at VCUHS has been invaluable and they all will be truly missed.
NEW CONTACTS: In the preparation for the staffing changes, we want to ensure the clinical research community that the CRSU remains open for business:
- Sue Harrison, RN, MSN has been appointed to serve as the Interim Nurse Manager by Melissa Hunt, Nursing Director of the CRSU. Sue is an experienced nursing leader and will assist Melissa with oversight of the unit during this transition. Sue may be contacted at: Harrison@vcuhealth.org or by calling the unit at 828-9101. For urgent matters, please contact Melissa Hunt on hospital pager #6231.
- Rachel Munsey, RN, MSN has been appointed to serve as the Interim Nurse Clinician, allowing her to both fill the role that Yvonne is leaving and to focus on day to day operations. Rachel may be contacted at: email@example.com or by calling the unit at 828-9101. For urgent matters, please contact Melissa Hunt on hospital pager #6231.
NEXT STEPS: Our immediate goal is to continue service without disruption. In doing so, we would like to assure you of the following:
- We are in the process of recruiting research nurses and anticipate being fully staffed within the next couple of months.
- We have formed a CRS Unit Operations Group to revisit the mission and organizational structure of the CRSU in an effort to position it for the future to be both operationally and fiscally efficient.
- The CRSU Service Request process remains unchanged: Requests are made online via the VCUHS Clinical, Nursing, and Ancillary Support Request Form
- Existing service agreements remain in effect. As pre-arranged, expired service agreements will be renewed in using current research pricing.
We understand that change is challenging. Both the Wright Center and VCUHS remain committed to supporting quality clinical research. You will continue to be supported to perform your research in the CRSU as we refine our goals, roles, processes, and practices. We appreciate your patience during this time of change. Should you have any concerns or questions, please do not hesitate to contact: