Dean search update: May 20, 2022
Dear School of Pharmacy Faculty and Staff:
I am Jean Giddens, dean of the VCU School of Nursing, and am delighted to serve as chair of the search committee for the next dean of the School of Pharmacy. My interest in leading a successful search is fueled by a deep commitment to the mission of VCU including research, education, health equity, inclusivity and quality healthcare.
I am pleased to provide you with an update regarding the status of the search. We are finalizing the contract with WittKieffer (search firm) and we plan to hold the first search committee meeting in early June. Members of the committee are listed below.
- Jean Giddens, dean, School of Nursing, and committee chair
- DaNika Neblett Robinson, associate dean for finance and administration, School of Pharmacy
- Daniel Bullard, dean, VCU Graduate School
- WIlliam “Bill” Dewey, professor and chair, Pharmacology and Toxicology, School of Medicine
- Ellen Byrne, senior associate dean and professor, School of Dentistry
- Alena Hampton, associate dean for academic affairs and student success, College of Health Professions
- Dave Dixon, department chair and associate professor, Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science, School of Pharmacy
- Martin Safo, professor, Medicinal Chemistry, School of Pharmacy
- MaryPeace McRae, associate professor, Pharmacotherapy & Outcomes Science, School of Pharmacy
- Guizhi “Julian” Zhu, assistant professor, Pharmaceutics, School of Pharmacy
- Katrina Davis, senior contract and grant administrator, School of Pharmacy
- Kai Donsbach, chief operations officer, Medicines for All Institute
- Delegate Keith Hodges, School of Pharmacy alum
- Connor O’Hara, student, graduate program
- Camille Schrier, student, professional program
We will send periodic updates to you throughout the summer to keep you all informed regarding the status and progress of the search. These updates also will be posted and archived on the School of Pharmacy’s news page.
The VCU School of Pharmacy is an outstanding school and I anticipate there will be significant interest in this position. I am looking forward to working with your school to fill this very important position!