Six from School of Pharmacy inducted as VCU Academy of Inventors fellows
Six faculty associated with the VCU School of Pharmacy were inducted this year into the VCU chapter of the National Academy of Inventors. They and a number of their peers from across the university were honored at an April banquet at the Virginia Bio + Tech Park.
The inductees from VCU School of Pharmacy:
- Umesh Desai, Medicinal Chemistry
- Michael Hindle, Pharmaceutics
- Aron Lichtman, Pharmacology and Toxicology
- Martin Safo, Medicinal Chemistry
- Shijun Zhang, Medicinal Chemistry
- Yan Zhang, Medicinal Chemistry
The VCU chapter is part of a national academy at more than 250 institutions worldwide whose goal is to highlight academic inventors whose inventions have “made a tangible impact on quality of life, economic development and the welfare of society.”
Learn more about the national academy here.