In celebration of Black History Month, VCU School of Nursing is recognizing the outstanding contributions of alumnae of the St. Philip School of Nursing. Founded in 1920 by the Medical College of Virginia, a predecessor of VCU, the St. Philip School of Nursing trained Black women as nurses for the St. Philip Hospital that served the local Black community. The school graduated 791 nurses before closing in 1962 due to integration. Read more about the legacy of St. Philip in this link. https://vcu.exposure.co/remembering-st-philip.

Categories Alumni and Friends