School of Nursing alumni receive VNF 2020 Year of the Nurse Award
Several VCU School of Nursing alumni were recognized with the 2020 Year of the Nurse Award from the Virginia Nurses Foundation. The award honors nurses who enhanced the image of professional nursing and rose to the unprecedented challenges facing the profession with compassion and respect during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The following alumni were recognized as winners:
- Ben Cline RN, CCRN (B.S. ’18/N) of VCU Health
- Adena Mahini, RN (B.S.’04/N) of Hunter Holmes McGuire VAMC
- Johnathan B. Phillips, M.S.N., M.S.Ed., RN, NPD-BC (B.S.’94/N) of Carilion Roanoke Memorial Hospital
- Emily Williard, RN, CCRN (B.S.’16/N) of VCU Health
The following received honorable mention:
- Allison Knapstein, M.S.N., RN, CNS, ACNS-BC, CHFN (B.S.’07/N) of VCU Health
- Sarah Nowell, RN, NE-BC (M.S.’19/N) of VCU Health
View the VNF program with the full list of winners here.