Updated Consent Templates
Revised consent templates are now available on the IRB forms webpage. The following changes were made:
- HIPAA authorization language was revised to add an option for naming VCU Dental Care instead of VCU Health as the source of PHI.
- A new section for obtaining FERPA consent was added to the Social-Behavioral Consent Template.
- The Exempt Information Sheet Template was revised to include HIPAA, FERPA and registry template language to make it easier for investigators to find and use this language when it is applicable.
- The Research Repository Consent Template was reformatted and revised to be consistent in style and language with the other VCU consent templates
- Minor phrasing changes were made to improve clarity in the Confidentiality and HIPAA sections about mandated reporting, creation of new PHI during a study, and use of “imaging” instead of “X-ray” terminology