VCU Human Research Protections Program – Holiday Schedule
The Human Research Protection Program (IRB) office will be closed for Thanksgiving beginning at noon on Wednesday, 11/27/19 and will reopen on Monday, 12/2/19.
Investigators remain responsible for reporting to the IRB any unanticipated problems involving risk to subjects or others that occur during this time.
- For guidance on what constitutes an unanticipated problem, refer to the VCU IRB Written Policies and Procedure #VII-6. In addition, as always, investigators are responsible for taking any actions necessary to ensure the ongoing safety of research participants.
- To report an unanticipated problem involving risk to subjects or others:
- Follow the normal procedure for submitting the Report within RAMS-IRB.
- To seek guidance regarding an unanticipated problem or any emergency situation during the Thanksgiving holiday:
- Call 804-828-0868 and leave a message, including a phone number where you can be reached. Messages will be checked daily, and your call will be returned.
VCU Winter Closing Holiday
The Human Research Protection Program (IRB) office will be closed for the VCU Winter Closing holiday December 21, 2019 – January 5, 2020.
Note: Studies that require continuing review and are due to expire during the Winter Closing period should be submitted for continuing review as soon as possible to allow for IRB review prior to the Winter Closing.