VCU RamStrong Well-being blog

Giving VCU employees the wellness resources they need to be healthy both on and off campus

I AM TOURISM AMBASSADORSHIP PROGRAM – FREE TRAINING FOR ANYONE TO REPRESENT OUR REGION

You want to help more and more visitors discover our wonderful region. The I Am Tourism Ambassador program can help you do it. This program from Richmond Region Tourism provides free training for those who would like to serve as representatives of our region. To learn more about it, watch our video, which features a number of our region’s Ambassadors. Or, email Valerie Knorr at vknorr@visitrichmondva.com for more information.

The I Am Tourism Ambassador Program will: 

• Meet industry demand by offering frequent workshops.
  • Continue engagement by staying in touch with our graduates through Ambassador-specific updates and communications.
  • Offer volunteer opportunities that give Ambassadors the chance to serve as the faces of the region.
  • Connect with the business community by offering business-focused I Am Tourism workshops.

Our I Am Tourism workshops help participants gain a visitor’s perspective of our region and knowledge of our many tourism products and offerings. Each workshop will include an overview of the many valuable tourism assets located throughout the Richmond Region, as well as a virtual guided tour of some of the area’s hidden gems.Ambassador Training Video Program Benefits Video 

UPCOMING I AM TOURISM AMBASSADOR TRAINING – REGISTRATION IS NOW OPEN

Location: All I Am Tourism classes will be presented virtually for the rest of 2020.

Next Class
December 10, 2020
Register Here!

Upcoming Class
Thursday, January 14, 2021
Registration coming soon!

Questions? Call Valerie Knorr at 804-783-7442 or emailvknorr@visitrichmondva.com

Each class is limited to four people per organization. Substitutions may be made at any time. Cancellations must be made at least one working day before the event. Please email Valerie Knorr at vknorr@visitrichmondva.com to cancel your reservation.

I AM TOURISM AMBASSADOR ACADEMY

Looking to even further expand your knowledge of all things RVA? Once you’ve completed the I Am Tourism Program, you’re eligible to sign up for the new I Am Tourism Ambassador Academy. Richmond Region Tourism has partnered with The Valentine to provide this free, in-depth course focusing on Richmond history and the city today. Click here to learn more. 

Comments