DNA Forensic Technologist-VA
We welcome all qualified internal and external candidates. Please apply by
submitting your resume to HR@bodetech.com. You may also check out our postings
and apply on Indeed.com.
Bode Technology, the leading provider of forensic DNA services, is seeking entry-level
technologists to join our growing team at the Lorton, VA laboratory. The technologist
positions support all areas of forensic operations including casework, databasing, and
human identification. For those seeking a career as a DNA Analyst, this is the perfect
starting position to grow your career with the company. This is Bode’s entry-level
position for both the DNA Analyst and Technologist career tracks. If you have the
energy and drive for this position, we would love to hear from you.
The responsibilities of the Forensic DNA Technologist include processing casework,
databasing and/or human identification samples for DNA to include sampling, DNA
extraction, quantification, PCR and/or capillary electrophoresis. The technologists are
also responsible for routine operations assistance and maintenance in the laboratory
as well as administrative duties as needed. Must maintain external proficiency and
testify in court when needed.
• BA/BS degree in Biology, Forensics or other natural science; MS degree is preferred.
• Excellent laboratory skills.
• Ability to concentrate and produce results with 100% accuracy.
• Superior attention to detail.
• Excellent demonstrated project management skills and ability to consistently meet
or exceed deadlines.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task required.
• Works in and around sterile laboratory(s), laboratory equipment,