Job ID 462600
The core values of the OCME are to put the mission of the agency first, to be truly dedicated and to have integrity in every aspect of our professional life.Under the general direction of the Assistant Directors of the Forensic Biology Department and specifically under the supervision of a Criminalist, Level IV, selected candidate will be responsible for conducting scientific analyses performed on biological evidence brought to the Forensic Biology Department of the Office of Chief Medical Examiner for the City of New York. Typical tasks include but are not limited to the following:
• Locates, recognizes and describes accurately physical evidence, physiological material, and colorimetric tests during the examination of swabs, sexual assault kits and evidence items submitted to the Department of Forensic Biology in connection with investigation of cases.
• Engages in administrative, technical reviews for casework.
• Ensures integrity of evidence and chain-of-custody forms.
• Maintains records and all examinations and analytical tests conducted.
Minimum Qual Requirements
1. A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college, with specialization in criminalistics, forensic science, chemistry, biology, physics, molecular genetics, genetics, biochemistry, molecular biology, entomology, anthropology, ecology or a closely related scientific or engineering field.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT RESUME AND COVER LETTER TO: https://a127-jobs.nyc.gov. JOB ID #462600