Forensic Analyst (mid-level)/Biology/DNA-WY
- Perform analysis on evidence and prepare detailed reports summarizing examination findings for law enforcement personnel and the legal community.
- Examination, identification, and comparison of evidence and/or investigation of various types of crimes.
- Conducts routine examination and/or investigation with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrates effective use of case management to meet the case and/or court deadlines.
- Provide expert forensic guidance and advice to judges, prosecutors, and defense attorneys to prepare exploratory questions for witnesses.
- Perform quality control and quality assurance checks on chemicals, standards, and quality affecting materials used in the respective unit.
Preference may be given to candidates with degrees in Biology, Chemistry or other forensic science-related areas plus 1 or more years of progressive work experience in a forensic laboratory.
Preference may be given to candidates who complete competency testing in the scope of practice as required by the laboratory’s accreditation standards.
For more information, see Forensic Analyst.