Mortuary Transport Technician
SNA is currently seeking temporary short-term support mortuary transport technicians in support of COVID-19 mortuary operations. Successful candidates will train on established operational protocols and work along-side personnel in support of mortuary operations. This is an entry level position.
***Entry Level temporary positions currently being sought for NYC***
Please submit your CV/Resume and a cover letter that outlines why you should be considered for this position. Applications without a cover letter may not be considered.
The following list is representative of the types of activities and responsibilities anticipated to be performed:
- Work along with other mortuary transport technicians to handle decedents in a careful and dignified manner
- Perform decedent transport driving within the Disaster Portable Morgue Unit locations.
- Place bodies in designated storage locations after case check-in
- Retrieve bodies from designated storage locations for release to funeral home or City Burial
- Consolidation of cases between storage locations, as needed
- Assist with City Burial preparations
For more information, see Mortuary Transport Technician