PHYSICAL SCIENTIST (FORENSIC LATENT PRINT EXAMINER)-GA
Closing Date: 02/10/2021 NO EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
- Maintains integrity of evidence and material received for examination.
- Conduct scientific examinations on criminal evidence which is usually fragmentary or imperfect to develop latent prints (finger prints, palm prints and footprints) and other types of impression evidence.
- Conduct comparisons of latent prints with known (Record/Inked) finger, palm and/or foot prints and other instruments associated with criminal cases for the purpose of making identifications or elimination.
- Assist and train special agents, military police investigators, military police and other military units on proper forensic techniques for processing, collection, preservation, and packaging of evidence, and laboratory capabilities available to them.
- Use chemical, physical and instrumental techniques, i.e. Automated Digital Image Processing Systems (ADIPS), Automated Fingerprint Identification Systems (AFIS), and Alternate Light Sources.
Degree: Bachelor’s degree (or higher degree) in physical science, engineering, or mathematics that included 24 semester hours in physical science and/or related engineering science such as mechanics, dynamics, properties of materials, and electronics.
For more information, see https://www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/590587900