Forensic Scientist 1/ Impression Evidence -Idaho
The Forensic Scientist 1 (FS1) is an entry-level position, which will work under the direct supervision of a more experienced Forensic Scientist. The incumbent will be certified as an FS2 upon successful completion of a specified training program and two (2) years experience in the FS1 position (or) demonstration of meeting the minimum qualifications and *qualifying work experience of an FS2 position and a six-month probationary period of 1,040 hours.
Example of Duties
- Maintain established standards of laboratory cleanliness, safety, and efficiency.
- Provide scientific and technical expertise in latent print processing and comparison.
- Follow analytical methods and the quality and safety procedures.
- Document quality controls and work.
- Ensure that the reports issued for analysis they perform are accurate.
Latent Prints/Impression Evidence:
Must have successfully completed a minimum of twelve (12) semester (or 18 quarter) units of college level studies in a relevant physical or biological science which may include biology, chemistry, biochemistry, and/or physics.
Desirable Qualifications which will Provide Extra Credit:
The following are not requirements for the Forensic Scientist 1 position. However, if you do have qualifications/experience in any of these areas include that information in your resume:
- Qualifying work experience in forensic impression evidence analysis
- Certification with the International Association for Identification as a Certified Tenprint examiner, Crime Scene Examiner or Certified Latent Print Examiner.
- Member of related professional forensic science organization(s)
- Experience using ABIS as an analyst or administrator.
For more information & to apply, see https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/idaho/jobs/2803264/isp-forensic-scientist-1-impression-evidence-latent-print-discipline?department%5b0%5d=Idaho%20State%20Police&sort=PositionTitle%7CAscending&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs